We recently featured “5 tips for better Twitter marketing” … but Twitter is such a potentially powerful communication tool that there are many more ways to use it to promote your business and your products and services.
With that in mind, here are five more tips for successful marketing via Twitter:
- Ask for re-Tweets. It’s better than repeating yourself, and can spread your message further and wider than you could on your own.
- Re-Tweet yourself. In the “do unto others” spirit, pass along interesting Tweets from your followers – it’s one way to build mutually beneficial relationships through social networking.
- Share memorable quotes. Pithy sayings and aphorisms about a topical subject or something related to your work always make for interesting Tweets, and can often generate many re-Tweets on your behalf.
- Don’t repeat yourself. If your RSS feed updates automatically on Twitter, don’t repeat those Tweets. Say something new with the Tweets you add manually.
- Be careful with automated responses on Twitter. It’s much better if you can personally respond to every new follower rather than send an automated answer. If your numbers don’t allow that, though, be careful not to send an in-your-face/hard-sell-type of response (ie, “Thanks for following. Click here to buy our …”)
Enjoy this post? We publish a regular email newsletter featuring the past week’s blog posts, as well as tips, event information and special offers. Click here to sign up for free.